Sunday, March 15, 2009

The best salad... EVER







First, I cannot take credit for this. It was served over dinner at Patty and Dave's on one occasion, and I loved it instantly.

Although I don't know the formal name of it, I like to refer to it as Mandarin chicken salad. I'm going to share with you how you can make it at home.

Take any (bagged) salad mix and place in a bowl.


Now for some grilled chicken breast.
For a one-person serving, I like to use 2 oz.
This chicken is sold at Costco and is cooked and ready-to-eat.


Shred the chicken out into many bits and pieces
and add to your bowl.


Next come the craisins.
I'm calorie-
conscientious and use 1/2 oz.


Sprinkle them over the chicken in the bowl.


Now the Mandarin oranges join the party.
I use 1-2 oz.


Distribute evenly to the bowl.


We're almost done. It's peanut time.
I use 1/2 oz. of these.



Distribute atop and add your favorite oriental sesame
salad dressing and you got yourself some magic.

I hope you try it and enjoy it as much as I do!

No comments: