Saturday, June 8, 2013

Life-altering experiences...

It has been so long since writing on our blog! Since the last posting made, we've launched a photography business, Jodi Morgan Photography (http://www.jodimorganphotography.com) which has kept us very busy lately.

I recently wrapped up all of my photography business obligations to focus on an amazing adventure with my family.

As I write this post, we are just a couple short weeks away from an amazing trip to Europe for the entire summer! It is finally becoming real, but I still can't believe it's really happening, although our bank account shows all the signs.

Coco, one of our two Cairn Terriers
We'll be taking a European tour, which begins in Amsterdam. We'll work our way through Germany and Austria, head down through Italy and Switzerland and France. Our plan is to remain a couple days with our free time to stay in Paris. From there, we'll stop into London for a few days of more free time and close the trip with a 14-day tour of all of Ireland. We've been studying up and reading and researching strategies for planning and hope what we've learned is going to pay off during the trip.

I am always asked what I want out of this trip. It's a hard question to answer, but I guess my goal is to explore new lands, take in the cultures, try new things (food and people) and reflect. As a photographer, I know I'll be in my glory photographing the places and faces while we're there.

While we're away, I feel incredibly lucky to have Patty & Dave staying at our home to watch our canine kids, Cooper & Coco. Our puppies have been a great source of entertainment and companionship for us and they'll love being with their grandma & grandpa!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time - safe travels!