Saturday, March 12, 2011

Trying to get back into the swing of things...

For my love of photography, I am going to school at night. I'm currently taking a composition and light class and had the first class this past week. I really enjoyed it! I'm hoping it will get me back in the field out shooting because I've been in somewhat of a block. Just not sure what to take shots of, etc.

The creative ideas started flowing with just attending one class, so that's a great start, right?

One of the things I'm going to start doing first off, is shooting in black and white. In my usual post shoot process, I convert photos I think would look good to black and white within Photoshop. That's going to be a thing of the past now. It should be fun to experiment with since I really like the look of black and white exposure.

As luck would have it though, this morning I was all amped to go shooting and had some good ideas in mind for capturing but the closer I got to my destination, the more and more it was raining. I attempted several times to find another location where I could find cover or where it wasn't raining and it was impossible.

... so I retreated back home. What a disappointing day! I will get out again though. I am certain of that!

Spring is coming, thankfully and I can't wait for the weather to warm up and start cooperating more. Hope you have been enjoying 2011 so far! (c;

No comments: